Breakfast can be tricky. Sometimes you just don’t know what to have and in these situations it is easy to make an unhealthy choice.
The body has been without fuel for perhaps 12 hours and I still believe breakfast to be one of the most important meals of the day. Children especially often go to school on empty calories in the form of a cereal. Many children love this breakfast and it can be adapted to suit their tastes. They particularly like it with bananas and strawberries. You can also add some Greek yoghurt.
This breakfast is a powerhouse of enzymes, vitamins, antioxidants and minerals.
Easy to make, you will feel virtuous for the rest of the day.
GET THE EQUIPMENT
This multi chopper is one of my most used kitchen gadgets. It is easy to clean, durable and fast.
Perfect for this Easy Raw Power Breakfast, our famous Garlic, Chilli and Ginger Special and the seasonal Wild Garlic Pesto.
GET THE INGREDIENTS
- Flax seeds or chia seeds
- Walnuts/almonds/brazil nuts
- Sunflower seeds/pumpkin seeds
- Desiccated coconut
- Coconut oil
- Honey (raw if preferable)
- Milk variation (not soya), kefir or apple juice
THE RECIPE – serves a very hungry person
The night before …..
In your mini chopper add
- 1 tablespoon of flax or chia seeds
- 3 Brazil nuts (your daily RDA of selenium)
- 2 tablespoons of walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of almonds
- 1 tablespoon of sultanas
- Cover with 200ml of liquid (measurements on side of chopper). I used 100ml kefir and 100ml of apple juice. Stir and leave over night.
In the morning ……
- 1 chopped apple
- 1 chopped banana
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (I like to melt mine)
- More liquid if required
Sprinkle with coconut flakes and drizzle with honey
The variations are wide and you can mix and match to your taste.
Tags: Breakfast, Flax seeds, Linseeds, Raw