There is nothing more soothing than a warm fragrant bath in a dimly lit room.
I remember feeling soothed by the lavender bags as I opened my grandmother’s chest of drawers as a child. It was a comfort somehow and I would pick them up and inhale deeply.
There is growing evidence that the aroma of lavender can relieve anxiety, stabilise the mood and act as a natural sedative.
And if you combine lavender with Epsom (magnesium sulfate) or Magnesium bath salts you have the perfect marriage to support relaxation.
This is a simple recipe to make and actually the wonderful perfume rising as you make it may induce sleepiness. Do not operate machinery whilst you make your lavender bath salts.
Relaxing Lavender Bath Salts
In a bowl combine –
- 500g of Epsom salts or Magnesium salts
- 100g course or fine Himalayan salt (not necessary if you don’t have them)
- 2 tablespoons of dried lavender flowers
- 3 tablespoons of dried rose petals or cornflower or other pretty flower
- 40 drops of Essential oil of Lavender
Dispense into a pretty glass pot. leave by the bath and add about 4 generous tablespoons under hot running water.