“Dear old world’ she murmered, ‘you are very lovely and I am glad to be alive in you.” -L.M.Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables.
Before we go headlong in to another year it is always good to reflect.
We might already have ‘New Year Resolutions’, but surely we must look back a little to go forward.
Regardless of what has occurred during the last 12 months, much of it is good if we just look at the miracle of life.
There have been challenges along the way but these only strengthen reserve and allow for often needed changes in attitude and decision making. As human beings we need constant refining and only by truly looking at ourselves with honesty can we grow.
At Botanica over the last few years we have shared some very important information –
- Sunlight is protective
- Diet products are not healthy and in fact may do you harm
- Fat is not your enemy, embrace butter, coconut oil and olive oil
- E-cigarettes are not a healthy replacement for normal cigarettes
- Magnesium is truly a miraculous mineral and your heart depends on it
- Mammography often leads to over-diagnosis and over-treatment
- Decisions and not DNA are your destiny
- Depression is not caused by low serotonin
- B-12 deficiency is a silent epidemic often masquerading as dementia
- Heartburn is mostly caused by too LITTLE stomach acid
- Liver is a ‘superfood’
- Your grandmother was right, bone broth can heal many a malady
- The appendix is not a useless organ but a safe house for good bacteria
- Thyroid disease is under-diagnosed and under-treated, seek alternative help
- Thoughts have a profound effect on the gut as does poor gut health on the mind
- Busyness does not equal success
- The heart gives off a powerful electromagnetic field that changes according to you emotions
- Your gut feeling is often right and many authors call it the ‘first brain’ and not the ‘second brain’ as commonly reported
May the coming year be one of peace and health in abundance.Tags: Reflections of 2016