What a word!
At the beginning of the year how would we ever have foreseen the situation we now all face.
But here we are, and some things are supporting me and making my life richer. These are staples and items I appreciate/use/do daily.
1. Flowers – “are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty out values all the utilities in the world.” Ralph Waldo Emerson. Picking wild flowers raises the spirits.
2. A good breakfast – this morning it was a smoothie of a handful each of raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, 100ml coconut milk, blackcurrant powder (2 teaspoons), 1 tablespoon of desiccated coconut and raw honey. Rich in polyphenols, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
3. Ashwagandha – my go to adaptogen and right now we are all adapting. Studies show it has wide ranging health benefits – supporting adrenal glands, reducing stress and anxiety. Taken in the morning it provides energy and stamina, with a second evening dose aiding sleep and lowering stress hormones. It is immune boosting and anti-inflammatory and stabilizes blood sugar. The perfect remedy for worry, insomnia, low energy and fatigue.
4. Walking – every day I ensure we have a family walk. Inhaling fresh air, taking in our surroundings and topping up our vitamin D. Exercise has many benefits including detoxification, increased blood flow, improved digestion and a general sense of improved well-being.
5. Gallinée Foaming Facial Cleanser – this award winning cleanser refreshes and revitalises my complexion with its unique patented infusion of prebiotics, and lactic acid. Smoothing and brightening with a lovely fragrance. Skin feels softer.
6. Purifying Neem & Tea Tree Hand Wash – Protecting and gentle on the skin, this botanical blend contains antibacterial Neem and Tea Tree and is fragranced with lemon to leave the skin feeling fresh, clean and beautifully soft.
7. Books – Hedgerow Medicine is a great book to buy just now. Learn about all the amazing medicinal plants growing all around you. Harvest and make your own remedies.
8. Pukka Mushroom Gold – A powerful immune system protection and rejuvenation. Anti-viral and anti-inflammatory. An organic synergistic blend of full-spectrum Reishi, Shiitake and Maitake mushrooms. These mushrooms are often used in the treatment of chronic viruses. I take them as a preventative.
9. Appreciation – every day for our family, health, work, our village and all the people working to keep us afloat. The day begins well when we consider our blessings.
10. Magnesium – I have taken ReMag almost consistently now for 6 or so years. It can be life-changing for anxiety, palpitations, restless legs, migraines, hot flushes, muscle pain, energy and sleep. It is a whole mind and body mineral, reduces inflammation, supports the thyroid and is a great support if you feel overwhelmed.