As a child I suffered from restless legs; an irritating, troubling sensation in my legs. They just wouldn’t keep still.
There were other signs too that I now, through much study, have concluded were from deficiency in this forgotten but vital mineral, magnesium.
But until I read Dr Carolyn Dean’s book The Magnesium Miracle, I hadn’t quite grasped how important this life changing and saving mineral is.
Unfortunately poor soil quality has depleted the stores of magnesium found naturally in vegetables, and with ever increasing stress and disease in society and more and more prescriptive drugs churned out, many people are depleted in this miracle mineral.
Why You Need Magnesium
Study after study shows the efficacy of taking magnesium. It is not only life changing but can be literally life saving. Research shows magnesium supplementation can help sleep, migraines, depression, reduce feelings of stress, improve thyroid function, heart health, asthma and insulin sensitivity.
Magnesium is necessary for:
- Heart health – deficiency of magnesium can lead to heart disease and is a risk in heart attack. Study
- Thyroid health – known as the surrogate hormone to support the thyroid function. Magnesium is responsible for converting the inactive T4 thyroid hormone into the active form of T3. Study
- Bone health – magnesium is the most important component as it is vital for utilisation of vitamin D and calcium. Study
- Activation of 1,000 enzyme systems
- Stabilisation and protection of RNA and DNA
- Relaxation of muscles constricted by calcium
- The transmission of nerve signals
- 300 biochemical reactions in the body
Common Symptoms of Magnesium Deficiency
- Heart Palpitations
- Restless leg syndrome
- Eye twitches
- Hot flushes
- Acid reflux
- Poor concentration
- Low mood
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Joint Pain
- Over thinking
Common Paths to Magnesium Depletion
- Excess stress
- High caffeine intake
- Drugs taken to treat acid reflux, blood pressure, antibiotics, diuretics, hormone contraceptive pill, HRT. Study
- Endurance exercise
- Hot yoga
- Calcium supplementation
- Taking more than 2,000iu of Vitamin D daily
- Consuming more than 7 alcoholic drinks a week
Magnesium Deficiency Can’t Be Ignored
Experts agree that magnesium deficiency is at epidemic proportions.
Dr Norman Shealey stated that “Every known illness is associated with magnesium deficiency”. He also said that “A magnesium deficiency may be responsible for more diseases than any other nutrient”.
Magnesium deficiency is even implicated in cancer risk. Study.
Everything points to the fact that magnesium is necessary, protective and life saving.
Unfortunately the standard magnesium blood test is not a useful predictor.
Why ReMag is Now Used Worldwide
ReMag liquid magnesium formulated by magnesium expert, Dr Carolyn Dean, offers maximum absorption for maximum remineralisation. ReMag provides picometer sized magnesium ions which are fully absorbed at the cellular level.
As a result most patients find that ReMag works very quickly due to its high absorption rate.
It is ideal for people who find that standard magnesium supplements can cause loose bowel movements. ReMag has been formulated so that this laxative effect doesn’t happen.
ReMag is also economical providing 150mg of fully absorbable magnesium per half teaspoon. Much more convenient than the many magnesium pills needed to reach the RDA of between 300mg and 400mg of magnesium a day.
Tags: Absorbable, Dr Carolyn Dean, Liquid Magnesium, Magnesium, Magnesium deficiency, Mineral, Picometre, ReMag, ReSet Formula, Symptoms of magnesium deficiency