This easy gluten free banana loaf recipe is perfect served slightly warm with a spread of butter and a cup of tea.
5 organic smallish ripe bananas
250g Doves Farm gluten free flour
140g light muscovado sugar
75g organic butter (I like salted), melted
2 large free range eggs
2.5 teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC, fan 160ºC . Grease and line a loaf tin.
- In a mixing bowl mash 4 of the bananas, then add the sugar, melted butter and eggs. Beat together using an electric whisk.
- Sift in the flour and bicarbonate of soda and gently fold in.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin.
- Slice the fifth banana in half length ways, rubbing the cut side of the banana with half a lemon. Then arrange on the top of the mix. ( I then squeeze the lemon and add to water, to quench the thirst).
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes. Check it is cooked by inserting a skewer ensuring it comes out clean.
- Leave in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack to cool down.
- Slice and serve warm with butter.
Tags: Baking, Banana, Gluten free, Recipe