My first experience of garlic was when suffering from whooping cough as a baby.
Long before my father became a qualified Medical Herbalist he was studying the benefits of garlic. He slathered Vaseline on the soles of my feet and stuck slices of garlic on top, before putting my socks on. I am told that within half an hour the odour of garlic was on my breath.
This shows clearly how we ingest through the skin and the strength and power of garlic. I survived what must have been a worrying period for my parents, to no ill effect.
I have loved garlic ever since and often make my father’s famous Garlic and Chilli Special.
The active component in garlic is Allicin, which is activated when the garlic is crushed and left to develop for a few minutes. When cooking with garlic you should prepare it this way, to allow the Allicin to emerge before adding to food, gleaning the real benefits.
AllicinMax is a brilliant product where the Allicin has been stabilised providing an active, garlic capsule where each one is equivalent to 40 cloves of garlic!
This is an odourless capsule so no worries there!
Nature’s antibiotic, this product is ideal to take through winter for the prevention and reduction of colds and influenza, to support compromised lungs and in the prevention of infections. It is antiviral, antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic. It also has a positive influence on heart health. In studies garlic has been shown to be almost as effective as penicillin. Interestingly it is reported that the vapour from freshly-cut garlic can kill bacteria from a distance of 20cm!
Garlic has been shown to –
- Reduce cholesterol.
- Cut the risk of pre-eclampsia in pregnancy.
- Kill infecting bacteria, protecting the body from the poisons infecting the body at the same time.
- Inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
- Prevent and treat stomach ulcers caused by helicobacter pylori.
- Protect against blood clots which can cause strokes.
- Be 100 times more effective than two popular antibiotics for fighting Campylobacter, one of the most common causes of intestinal illness.