How Botanica Health manages cookies on its website
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a site or page. The cookie will help the website, or another website, to recognise your device the next time you visit. Web beacons or other similar files can also do the same thing. We use the term “cookies” in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
Certain cookies contain personal information – for example, if you click to “remember me” when logging in, a cookie will store your username. Most cookies won’t collect information that identifies you, and will instead collect more general information.
What sort of cookies does Botanica Health use?
We use functionality cookies to allow us to remember your preferences. For example, cookies save you the trouble of typing in your username so that you don’t have to log in again each time you visit the site.
No personal information is stored within these cookies.
We take the privacy of your information seriously and comply with the principles of the current General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applicable from 25th May 2018.
To supply you with services, information, updates and offers we collect the following –
- Telephone number
- IP address
- Previous orders
- We record anonymous information on how our users interact with the site, which pages and resources are popular, which sites are linking to our own, and what kind of devices our users have. We use this data to ensure we are delivering a website which works well for all of our users.
We only use collected information to respond to queries, orders and to update you with relevant information.
Sharing of information
- We may pass the information to third parties who act for us for the purposes set out within this policy. For example, Mailchimp.
- We will share information if we believe we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves.
- We will share the names of winners of any competitions hosted by us, unless specifically requested not to.
- We treat your information confidentially and do NOT rent or sell it.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, please recognise we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data transmitted to us electronically, any transmission is at your own risk.
We do not store any financial information – debit/credit card details.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Our policy on relates to our website, Dunnet Bay Distillers. We are not responsible for the privacy of other websites.
We use STRIPE or PAYPAL payment processing, and data is collected via their servers for processing. You can read more about their policies here:
At any time you have the right to ask what information we hold, have it deleted or ask us to correct any information.